Saturday, November 26, 2011

Red & White Snowballs

It's very warm today, but December is a'comin soon. Have to get ready for the wintry weather ahead. I decided to make a snowball quilt with my red and white scraps. Strip-pieced some random width (1 1/2" to 2 1/2") strips in all shades of white and trimmed to 7 1/2" square.
Next I cut 2 1/2" squares of various reds, sewed them on the diagonal to the block corners and pressed outwards.
I have arranged these 4 snowball blocks so that the strips will alternate directions
Only need 44 more snowballs, but I hope my Two's Company Bee pals will pitch in and help ;))

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun one!! Love snowballs... of the fabric variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make a red and white quilt! Ever since that show with the quilts cascading from the ceiling.

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never done snowballs before, and I was a bit nervous with the triangle-flip part, but I think it turned out ok. I don't think I've ever finished a bee block on the 2nd of the month before, but I'll have it ready for you tomorrow~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment.