Wednesday, November 7, 2012

In Case of Emergency....




I so appreciated everyone's kind words and concern during Sandy's siege.  This morning I finally finished cleaning out a soggy mess of spoiled food and then had to restock for our next storm.  Yes, we are getting a snowy Nor'easter today, as if we weren't humbled enough!  Got the usual nonperishables, of course.  If I had to choose my three most essential emergency items, they would be my little flashlight that hangs around my neck, dark chocolate (any brand will do), and my favorite quilt.  Skip the candles that are too dim for my elderly eyes, and also the bottled water and granola...yecch!  I just want to cuddle up with a good book and nibble away until the storm passes.  But....I packed up 2 suitcases of winter clothes for the hard hit folks living in Long Island shelters today.  Had some lap quilts to spare as well.  I know that when I am feeling most threatened, knowing that folks do care helps most of all!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think you've got it right, I've got to repack my Emergency kit :0). We already have over two inches of snow up here!
    And just think it isn't even winter yet!

    Thank goodness for generous people like you down there helping others get through these hard days.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of others pulls us out of our own wonderment about why it happens and allows the feeling of usefulness and that is so very very needed in times like these, Good for you, Helen,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment.