Thursday, August 8, 2013

Instant Gratification



Is your bowl of soup to hot to handle when you take it out of the microwave?  This little quilted carrier works like a charm.  Allison taught us how to make one at our last Needle Arts meeting in the library.  Most important is that you use only cotton fabric and batting...and no metallics, please!   I stitched this up in minutes and use it all the time.  Just set your bowl in it and zap it!  The carrier stays cool and goes from the microwave to the table...or in front of the TV.  I may post a tutorial soon.

7 comments:

  1. Sweet, I saw this in a quilt store a few weeks ago but did not realize it was for microwave use, I thought it was just decorative. Now it all makes sense........bring on the soup, chili and hot oatmeal!

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to your tutorial Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Pot holders seem awkward, but I can see how this would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the BEST! I made them for Christmas presents and everyone loved them. I kept two of my first ones for home but my kids stole them for college. Luckily, they are easy to whip up. We use them for hot AND cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wonderful!! Tutorial please my first thought was Mego's comment about Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment.