Sunday, June 8, 2014

Personal Favorites




I saw so many wonderful quilts at the Eastern Long Island Quilters show this weekend that I couldn't possibly share them all.  Will point out some personal favorites instead...like  Norwegian Wood by Chris Gordon.  Maybe I responded to it because I am Swedish??




I spent a lot of time looking at every stitch, and I could only imagine how much fun this quilter was having making them.  (Always felt that Norwegians had more fun than Swedes)








Here is a border detail of a gorgeous applique quilt that grabbed and held my attention.  Those gold leaves are silk and the embroidery simply exquisite.







And speaking of gorgeous....more personal favorites of mine at the show!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the quilts from the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just LOVE that Norwegian Wood. What beautiful fabrics! I wish I could see it in person... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, beautiful quilts and gals. You've got some really talented quilt-makers on Long Island. You are right about Norwegians having more fun. ; >

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a beautiful day for a wonderful quilt show. It is always great to see you at a quilting event. I hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment.