Thursday, May 26, 2011

Touch of Class



Confession.....I am a lifelong student. I just love taking classes! Started this tile quilt yesterday at an Applique Society class on Long Island. Besides meeting some old and new friends ( which I love) we had the expert instruction of renowned teacher Diane Rode Schneck.




Here is a sample block from the book Tile Quilt Revival by Carol Gilham Jones and Bobbi Finley. I love the way this looks. And the method of construction can lead to such a variety of designs. Everyone was wanting more, so we continued our quilt chatting at Piccolo's. It was a great class!!!



6 comments:

  1. Helen! How fun. I love taking classes too, in fact I have taken many classes with Diane, she is a riot and a very good teacher. Can't wait to see how your tile progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've got me inspired to go right out and get that book! Beautiful work. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really wonderful. I may have to try this. I also love to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous! I am like you, a lifelong learner. I always take classes when I can. Great to learn from others always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun time was had by all! See ya soon mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I wish I could have taken this class too
    I am really intrigued with these style quilts
    love your block
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment.