Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring!

Today I put the snow shovel away. My daffodils are blooming and my door is wearing the colors of spring. Made these posies using Victoria's paper-piecing method. (She is making red and green Christmas flowers for another King-size quilt and needs to start early on that)

Heard that Yo-yos are "in" now. Never made one before, so I had to try them. They make a perfect center for my flowers....covering the center where a zillion seams come together.

Hope it's spring wherever you are.....in the Northern Hemisphere, of course. Aussies are having autumn now....which has more of my favorite colors.

6 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful on your door!! Love how it turned out too. Saw your photo on Victoria's site and you looked great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Helen! What a lovely piece for your door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect announcement of spring. Love all those greens with the spring bud colors. Sure is fun to have you in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it hanging on your door! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh doesn't it look beautiful on your door! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This "door" quilt is really pretty! I'm so glad you took a pic to share with us!

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment.