Thursday, August 18, 2011

"In the Garden"

My tile quilt is going on tour! It will join the NYC Metro Mod Guild traveling exhibit as an example of "what modern quilting means to me," More on this exhibit here at Original Sewing and Quilt Expo. I think of myself as a modern quilter because I am always open to new methods and materials. However, I do not discard traditional ideas which I love. I simply add on as I go. Tile quilts have been around since the 19th century, but my version showcases new fabrics, threads, and design. It's been a lot of fun playing with Kaffe Fassett colors and the new grays.

Next???

10 comments:

  1. Oh Helen, it looks wonderful! Love those Kaffes, hehehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and excellent use of complementary colors, how cool to be included.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! Love it!! You know I just love Kaffe too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loop love it...oh my goodnesss..oh so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous! I'm almost finished with my quilt...we're down to the home stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE what you did with your tile block. It really does look very contemporary. They grey, the stripes at the bottom, the straight stitches--just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! The way you did the flower design in the center block is very cool, and I like the addition of the color bar at the bottom! Congratulations on having this go on tour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is fantastic! I found myself thinking about it the other day after seeing your picture. There is something about the simplicity of it that is really powerful. Those gorgeous colors don't hurt either! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you survived Irene ok! Love your quilt too~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment.