Monday, January 28, 2013

Needle Arts




My library has a new needle arts group.  Quilters, knitters, crocheters, and embroiderers all gather twice a month to show and share their work.  Jan Nicosia inspired us with her Redwork (and more) today.  She gave us the inside story about how she designs and executes her exquisite work.  I have always thought that quilters were the happiest and most generous folks, but now I must also include ALL needle artists.

The knitters have been busy making preemie hats for the local hospital.    I want to learn how to knit one of these.   They are just too cute!

 

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea to have a needlearts group for all types - great way to share inspiration and meet new friends. Sort of like blogging, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! This is a broad community. Some of us do all types of needlework as cross-training for our hands...and some like to cross over for variety's sake. But we all love creating and sharing the joy.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun group! Those mitts are great. Wish I'd been given some of those when my 22year old was a premie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had fun yesterday, sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment.