Saturday, January 4, 2014

Snow is Glistnin'




"Winter Wonderland" lyrics inspire me....iridescent sequins and crystal beads...perfect for sparking up this snowflake.  I learned a  beading trick from Mary Stori years ago which served me well again.  Bring up a thread through a sequin or large bead, then pass it through a tiny bead and back down through the first hole.  A quick and easy method for embellishing a quilt...and in this case, for a tying a  quilt.   Thanks a million, Mary!!!





Ready to bind....

3 comments:

  1. Sweet!
    How much of the real stuff did you get?
    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 inches, but it is dry powder....like shoveling feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comments Helen.......I have such happy memories of all the trips we took together. Now it's time for you to get back to NC to visit....there's Dottie, Karen, and me to see!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment.