Sunday, September 29, 2013

Quilter's Dream





Imagine meeting Yvonne Porcella at Victoria's party!  And what's more, hearing about her latest techniques using Misty Fuse with silks!!  And even more, seeing photos of her sixteen works-in-progress on her smartphone!!!  Pinch me....I must be dreaming.

I have been a fan of this remarkable woman ever since I saw her Kimono quilts years ago.  I cannot possibly do her work justice, so I urge you go to her new website www.yvonneporcella.com.

A strong supporter of Quilt Alliance, Yvonne has made these two lovelies  to be auctioned later this year.   Lucky person who gets these...



6 comments:

  1. Wow! What fun. I'm off to Yvonne's website right now. The silk pieces are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lucky you Helen. Aren't her two small pieces great.
    I watched her episode on The Quilt Show again last week - remarkable woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore Yvonne... Proud to call her a friend. SOOO glad you got to come the party Helen!!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also a big fan - how cool for you Helen !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow what a thrill, she is super talented.
    Nice getting that great picture too :0)

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is an amazing lady and such a fun event!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment.